Saturday, June 2, 2012

Food and Fun

Today was a pretty fun day.  The fair is in town this weekend.  The Husband and I took my youngest sister and her best friend.  They both got arm bands to ride as many rides as they wanted.  We live in a fairly small town so the fair is pretty small this year.  The girls rode about five or six different rides but they rode them over and over.  They definitely got the use out of those arm bands.  Husband and I sat back and watched them have fun riding the same ride back to back for awhile.  But my favorite part of a fair, now that I'm a little too old for most of the rides, is the food.  I love fair food.  From the lemonade to the funnel cakes...even the cotton candy.  Today we were there for most of the day between lunch and dinner so I couldn't really partake in the food.  But I did get a lemonade, which was a bit disappointing.  After Husband had a corn dog (which is one fair food I won't have, no hot dogs for me, battered or otherwise), we got a big box of popcorn.  We are huge fans of popcorn.  He's great at doing it in a pot on the stove with some oil but I'm best at just a brown paper bag and some kernels in the microwave.  We don't make it out of Target very often without stopping to get a bag on the way out.  But the popcorn, in the box, at the fair today was AMAZING!  Big, buttery pops!  At first I was a bit leery of paying $4 for a box of something we already had at home for free, but half way through the box, I thought I should go back and give them more money.  And then I remembered my photo a day...


Day 2: Food


As you can see, the popcorn didn't last long...and none made it home for later.  I wish the fair was still in town for tomorrow just to go back and get another box.  Or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment